I take weddings for many different people, in a range of places, both inside and outside; at home or in a deconsecrated church or in a place of your choosing.
I marry young people, in fact people of many ages, people who have lived together and may or may not have children and want to confirm through both ceremony and a legal process their commitment to each other.
I marry LGBT people, people from different ethnic backgrounds – anyone where the ‘fit’ is right and who is looking for a personalised and individually written ceremony. If you would like to contact me, follow the steps indicated below.
- Contact me for an initial meeting (20 – 30 minutes), in the city, at your home, at my home or by Skype to discuss your needs and wants.
- Decide whether I am the best celebrant for you. If so,
- Confirm your date and time and pay a $100.00 deposit to confirm your booking.
- Meet again. This may take one to two hours in which the detail is explored, discussed and developed together — readings, music, the size of your wedding party , special guests , the look and feel of your ceremony. I will draft a ceremony that I will send to you for feedback and any changes/additions you would like to make.
Closer to your wedding date
- Apply for your wedding licence within 3 months of your wedding. You will need 2 witnesses at the ceremony to sign the legal documents.
- Rehearse the ceremony a few days before the wedding with your wedding party. Please bring your marriage licence and documents with you so I can check their validity and take witness details to minimise signing time on the day.
- Deposit final payment of $400.00 by internet banking approximately 3 days before your wedding date.
Please note, microphone and out of wellington travel both require an additional cost.
Create a ceremony that reflects your needs in a professional manner as required by The Celebrants Association of New Zealand (CANZ). I will ensure legal requirements and documents are accurate, complete and a copy is sent to Births, Deaths and Marriages, as required, with a copy left for you. I will arrive at least 30 minutes before your ceremony to make sure everything is ready and to greet important family, friends and those participating in your special day.
Ngatai Tai Wiremu I choose you to be my wife.
I promise to love you,
To remain honest and faithful to you,
To be available to you when you are in pain or grief,
And when you are filled with happiness.
I promise to challenge you always,
To support and nurture you
And to be receptive to the gift of your love.
I love you with all my heart,
And I will love you for the rest of my life.
I, take you Sam Signal Smail, to be my lawful husband,
To have and to hold, from this day forward,
For better or worse, for richer, for poorer,
In sickness and in health,
To love and to cherish,
Till death us do part.
Sample exchange of rings
With this ring I thee wed.
Take and wear it as a pledge of my love,
As a symbol of all we share.